Terms & Conditions
- 10% Teachers, Military, Healthcare & First Responders
- Discounts can not be combined.
- Sales Promotions & Discounts are not eligible on consignment.
Terms and Conditions of Sale – COASTAL COTTAGE OF AMELIA, INC.
ALL TRANSACTIONS ARE GOVERNED BY SELLER’S TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE. ANY PROPOSAL THAT INCLUDES DIFFERENT OR ADDITIONAL TERMS THAT VARY FROM COASTAL COTTAGE OF AMELIA, INC.’s (“SELLER”) TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE ARE OBJECTED TO AND DISALLOWED.
- Formation of Contract and Cancellation. Except as specifically provided herein, all sales are final and subject to these Terms and Conditions of Sale. However, special orders may be cancelled within twenty-four (24) hours after payment of the required deposit.
- Deposits. All deposits are non-refundable. In the event that a supplier discontinues or otherwise is unable or unwilling to supply the specific product ordered, Seller reserves the right to substitute a product of comparable quality and design and of equal or greater value.
- Cost of Delivery, Storage, Taxes and Other Charges. Buyer shall pay the costs of delivery and/or storage of the products. Storage will be billed at the rate of $50.00 per day beginning on the seventh (7th) day after Seller notifies Buyer that the products are ready for local pickup or delivery. Buyer shall pay all sales, use, excise or similar taxes, or other charges, which Seller is required to pay, or to collect and remit, and which are imposed on or measured by the sale.
- Transfer of Property and Risk of Loss. Seller retains the right and title to the products sold to Buyer until Seller is paid in full for the products and all associated delivery, storage, taxes, and other charges. Buyer shall obtain the right and title to the products upon payment to Seller of the purchase price and all associated delivery, storage, taxes, and other charges. The risk of loss, including, but not limited to the risk of loss, theft, damage or destruction of the products, transfers to Buyer upon Receipt. “Receipt” means the time at which Buyer leaves the Coastal Cottage retail store with the products, or the time at which Coastal Cottage delivers the products to Buyer’s home, whichever occurs first.
- No Set-Off. Buyer shall have no right of set-off or withholding, and no deduction of any amounts due from Buyer to Seller shall be made without Seller’s prior, express written approval.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. THE WARRANTIES SET FORTH HEREIN OR IN SELLER’S WARRANTY DOCUMENTS WITH RESPECT TO A PRODUCT ARE THE ONLY WARRANTIES MADE BY SELLER IN CONNECTION WITH THE PRODUCTS AND THE TRANSACTIONS CONTEMPLATED AS A RESULT OF THIS SALE. SELLER MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS TO BUYER OR ANY OTHER PERSON OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCTS, AND SELLER SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. PRODUCTS SOLD HEREUNDER ARE SOLD ONLY TO THE SPECIFICATIONS SPECIFICALLY SET FORTH BY THE SELLER IN WRITING. SELLER’S SOLE OBLIGATION FOR A REMEDY TO BUYER SHALL BE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF NON-CONFORMING PRODUCTS. BUYER ASSUMES ALL RISK WHATSOEVER AS TO THE RESULT OF THE USE OF PRODUCTS PURCHASED, WHETHER USED ALONE OR IN COMBINATION WITH OTHER PRODUCTS OR SUBSTANCES.
- Limitation of Liability. No claim by Buyer of any kind including, but not limited to, claims for indemnification, whether as to quality or amount of product delivered or non-delivery, shall be greater in amount then the purchase price for the products in respect of which damages are claimed. IN NO EVENT SHALL SELLER BE LIABLE TO BUYER FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, STATUTORY, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF TIME, INCONVENIENCE, LOSS BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES, DAMAGE TO GOOD WILL OR REPUTATION, OR LOSS OF DATA, ARISING OUT OF, OR AS A RESULT OF, THE SALE, DELIVERY, SERVICING, USE OR LOSS OF THE PRODUCTS SOLD HEREUNDER, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY IS BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR SUCH DAMAGES COULD HAVE BEEN REASONABLY FORESEEN.
- Inspection. Buyer shall carefully inspect the products for non-conformity (including but not limited to non-conformity for quantity, quality, and/or defects) immediately upon Receipt. Buyer’s failure to notify Seller of any non-conformity within twenty-four (24) hours after Receipt shall constitute acceptance of such non-conformity.
- Returns; Re-Stocking Fee. Seller will accept in-store returns of full-price, undamaged, in-stock products within thirty (30) days of purchase. A ten percent (10%) re-stocking fee will be deducted for all returns, and the balance will be refunded as in-store credit only.
- Governing Law. This Agreement shall be construed, and the respective rights and duties of Buyer and Seller shall be determined, according to the laws of the State of Florida, without giving effect to its principles of conflicts of laws.
- Dispute Resolution. Any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or related in any way to these Terms and Conditions of Sale and/or any sale and purchase of products hereunder or any transaction contemplated hereby which cannot be amicably resolved by the parties shall be solely and finally settled by arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association in accordance with its commercial arbitration rules. Judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitration shall take place before a panel of three (3) arbitrators sitting in the Fourth Judicial Circuit of Florida. The arbitrators will be bound to adjudicate all disputes in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida. The decision of the arbitrators shall be in writing with written findings of fact and shall be final and binding on the parties. The arbitrator shall be empowered to award money damages, but shall not be empowered to award incidental damages, consequential damages, indirect damages, statutory damages, special damages, exemplary damages, punitive damages or specific performance. Each party shall bear its own costs relating to the arbitration proceedings irrespective of its outcome. This section provides the sole recourse for the settlement of any disputes arising out of, in connection with, or related to this Agreement.
- No Assignment. This contract between Buyer and Seller is not transferable by either party without the prior written consent of the other party, except that Seller may assign this Agreement without Buyer’s consent if the assignment is to a to an affiliate or if the assignment is carried out as part of a merger, restructuring, or reorganization, or sale or transfer of all or substantially all of Seller’s assets.
- Miscellaneous. These Seller’s Terms and Conditions of Sale are the sole and exclusive statement of the parties’ understanding and agreement with respect to the transactions contemplated by this sale, notwithstanding any other terms that might be contained in any purchase order or other document received from Buyer or submitted to Seller. These Terms and Conditions of Sale constitute the entire agreement between the parties regarding the subject matter hereof and can only be modified or changed in writing and signed by authorized representatives of both parties. No waiver by Seller of any of Seller’s Terms and Conditions of Sale or any breach hereof shall constitute or be deemed to be a waiver of any such term or any such breach in any other case. No waiver shall be deemed to occur as a result of the failure to enforce any term or condition of these Seller’s Terms and Conditions of Sale. If any clause or portion hereof shall be held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be illegal, invalid, or unenforceable, the remaining clauses or portions shall remain in full force and effect. The paragraph headings are for convenience only and shall not be used in interpreting or construing these Seller’s Terms and Conditions of Sale.
- Checks. Checks over $250.00 are not accepted in the store.
- Photography Banned. No photography is permitted in the store.
- Sale Restrictions. Sales Promotions & Discounts are not eligible on consignment and services.